Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ from Measurement Computing USB-1608FS is it compatible with labview?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have USB-1608FS DAQ from Measurement Computing company, and I was trying to see if it is possible to use

this DAQ with labview 2012. I have tried to download the drivers from their company http://www.mccdaq.com/usb-data-acquisition/USB-1608FS.aspx

but when I tried to use labview within the DAQmx tool the DAQ its not detect it by LabView. So, If anybody out there know if this DAQ

really can work with labview, please let me know.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(8,585 Views)
There is no DAQmx 'tool' except for the DAQ Assistant and that is only for NI boards. You will have to use functions in the driver you downloaded.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(8,579 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author alastra1

Their driver appears to be ULx http://www.mccdaq.com/daq-software/universal-library-extensions-lv.aspx

and it says it supports LabVIEW 2012. I assume you're opening an example and the device is not appearing? Does the device show up in Windows Device Manager? It sounds like this driver/device will work, there may just be some issues getting it to initialize on your machine correctly (either with Windows or the Measurement Computing software). You may need to start a discussion on their forums or call their support line for help.

Good luck! Let us know some of the above items and, of course, let us know if you find the solution.

-gavin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(8,570 Views)

The USB-1608FS does indeed work with LV 2012 but it does not use the same drivers as NI and therefore cannot be used from within the DAQmx tools or the express vis.  MCC does have free tech support so feel free to call them at (800) 234-4232.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(8,556 Views)

Measurement Computing brand DAQ is not configured with DAQmx, but instead with InstaCal.  For LabVIEW 2012, be sure to have ver 2.02 (currently the latest) ULx for NI LabVIEW driver installed.  This is part of the MCCDAQ CD download from Measurement Computing.  Then, with LabVIEW closed all the way, configure your USB-1608FS in InstaCal.  Then close InstaCal, and open LabVIEW.  Then open one of the ULx examples on the hard drive (a good one to start with is named:  ULx Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk.vi  and is located in the Measure Voltage.LLB.

Message 5 of 8
(8,552 Views)

Doesn't NI still own Measurement Computing? If so, seems like using MAX to interface to MCC's drivers shouldn't be a big deal.

Perhaps brand differentiation is a good business reason not to (buy our expensive boards to use MAX, buy our subsidiary cheap boards and don't), but I can't quite imagine a technical reason.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,969 Views)

oops - double post. me bad

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,967 Views)

The USB1608FS can be used very nicely with LabVIEW.  It uses the MCC driver (ULx for LabVIEW) and the MCC configuration utility (InstaCal).  

First download these from http://www.mccdaq.com/daq-software/universal-library-extensions-lv.aspx or go to mccdaq.com and click on the SW menu item.

You must first configure your device using InstaCal (much like NI's MAX).  Once your device is configured, launch LabVIEW and open the block diagram.  From the Functions palette, click User Libraries, and then click the ULx icon to display the ULx VIs on the ULx for NI LabVIEW palette.  This should give access to all the LV functions for the USB-1608FS (or any other MCC device).  The MCC calls are very similar to the NI calls.

MCC also offers free support, so feel free to call them.  They are very helpful.

Message 8 of 8
(7,958 Views)