Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ dependent data processing

Hello,

I acquire a light interference intensity data with DAQmx as a waveform. The wavelength of the laser is swept. So I have two sets of data: the waveform of the laser intensity I(t) and the array of the laser wavelength λ(t) or frequency f(t). For further signal processing I need to establish the link between these two sets of data, that means I want to obtain the dependence of the intensity on the laser frequency I(f) in order to take a Fourier transform and to pass to flight time domain. So the question is how to establish the link between two sets of data so that further signal processing would be available?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,657 Views)

Hello Ekaterina,

I'm not sure to understand correctly your need. What do you mean by establishing the link between two sets of data? Do you mean grouping? Formula?

Regards,

Jérémy C.
NI France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,638 Views)

Hello, JérémyC.

I mean that I need some kind of formula dependence. The data that I have seem to be a parametric equation with acquisition time as parameter, except the fact that I have a formula for the frequency f(t) but not for the intensity I(t) as the it is acquired by DAQmx. The intensity data are rather complex so it is impossible to make an approximation by any standard function (like sin or polynomial function). For further data processing I need to take a Fourier transform FFT[I(f)] in order to pass into “time of flight” domain. If I take the FFT of raw intensity or frequency data it will give the spectrum of the intensity or frequency, but not the transfer to time of flight domain, as LabView consider the acquisition time to be variable for FFT. That’s why I need to establish a link (like formula or something like that) so that LabView consider the frequency to be the variable for FFT.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,616 Views)