From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Timing

Hello, I have a DAQ Assistant , 4 signal collectors and one Write to Meas File placed in a while loop. The DAQ Assistant is set to aquire 1 sample(on demand) and i need to have 2 samples per second. So when i have a timer to wait 500 ms i get one sample every 2 seconds instead  of 2 samples per second. Why is that and how i can get perfect match between time column and no of samples in the file i obtain?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,668 Views)
With on demand timing, you are using software timed operations and with the Write to Measurement File, you are using a slow method. Set the DAQmx timing for your rate and use N samples in continuous mode. You should use a producer/consumer architecture if you stick with Write to Measurement File. Or, use the lower level DAQmx functions and tdms streaming.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,657 Views)
Should i let' s say set to 4 samples to read with 8Hz in order to get 2 samples Per second?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,653 Views)
A sample rate of 8Hz means 8 samples per second. If you specify 4 samples, it will acquire those in half a second. This is basic arithmetic.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,646 Views)