Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ/Hardware options for Load Cell measurement

Hello,

I'm having trouble selecting the DAQ hardware I need for my application (a one-off to support a lab test), and looking for advice - particularly having never worked with load cells and having very limited experience with DAQs like this.

I have:

I have a separate power supply (+/- 12, 24, 5 VDC) which I can use for power... 

Particularly for the load cells, I'm not sure what I need and there's a lot of information and options regarding signal conditioning and amplification.

The USB-6008 was recommended/quoted to me - but I'm not clear how a load cell would connect or how the resolution would be sufficient?

I was looking at the NI-9205 (16 channel AIO, 16-bit ADC) which I guess also needs a chassis

In these forums, I've seen recommendations for also using the NI-9237 Strain/Bridge Input Module  

Is there a single unit I can use for this, or do I need / is it better to use some combination? 

The data will be captured in a LabVIEW application, and as a relative novice to LV - the simpler the setup the better.

Thanks so much for any advice/help,

-Vic

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(711 Views)