Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Assistant for Multiple Inputs

Hi

I'm new to using LabVIEW and DAQ Assistant. I'm trying to use the DAQ assistant to output a digital signal to control valves. I require 10 separate controls (for 10 valves) in LabVIEW to control whether the valves are on or off once the program is running and have the valve all automatically turn off when the program ends. I'm trying to use a while loop with the 10 controls and DAQ assistant's STOP function to accomplish this but I got stuck in that I don't really understand how the DAQ works (the help is really confusing).

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,329 Views)

Aside from your sloppy wiring, instead of wiring the stop button to the DAQ Assistant, wire the task out through the while loop so you can write an array with all False values in it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,327 Views)

Hi

Thanks for your response. Sorry about the wiring, I wasn't really going for aesthetics at the moment.

So do you mean that I should create an array of false constant and wire it via a shift register from the task out to the stop or something else altogether?

Thanks very much

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,324 Views)

Also, I'm wondering, if I have multiple DAQ assistant and NI USB DAQ board, how do I control which hardware the DAQ assistant corresponds to?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,307 Views)

Hi

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,293 Views)
Wasn't it pretty obvious when you configured the DAQ Assistant? You had to pick the device and line number or port number.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,285 Views)

Hi Red_CCF,

During the configuration stage, DAQ assistant lets you specify which hardware channels to read/write to. Also, if you are just getting started with DAQ I recommend that you go through the following video tutorials and DAQmx getting started guide:

DAQ Virtual Demos

Getting Started with NI-DAQmx: Basic Programming with NI-DAQmx

Mikhail
RF Toolkits, Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,277 Views)