Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ 6008 output 4-20mA

Solved!
Go to solution

Can you attach your VI so I can check how you configured the Scaling and Mapping Express VI?

Regards!

Anuar Rojas

Anuar R.
National Instruments México y Latinoamérica
Ingeniería de Aplicaciones
www.ni.com/soporte
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(1,914 Views)

Well, just as I said.

At 25°C I want to send the min voltage 3.5v

at 40°C the max voltage, 5v.

Perhaps... my mistake is in the DAQ assistant?, I didn't set any scale in the "custom scale" option, the default "no scale" is active.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(1,909 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Firthunands

I am posting the VI with the changes I made to the Scaling and Mapping Express VI.  These changes allow any temperature value below 25°C to output a 0V value, while the range you already defined (3.5-5) still works.

Hope this helps!!

Anuar Rojas

Anuar R.
www.ni.com/soporte
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(1,905 Views)

Simple and easy... why didn't I think about that? I'll connect everything and check it out.

Thanks mate.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(1,900 Views)

I'm glad it helped!

You're welcome!

Anuar Rojas

Anuar R.
www.ni.com/soporte
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(1,894 Views)

Now I'm getting this error... DAQ2 goes to the fan and DAQ3 to light an emergency LED. DAQ1 is my temperature sensor. Is this data incompatibility, or what?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(1,881 Views)

Hi,

The error occurs due to an incompatibility between the written data and the channels available for this task.  When you configure DAQ Assistant 2 and DAQ Assistant 3, you need to consider the amount of data being supplied (data input) and the numbre of channels you are going to use as output.

Hope this helps!!

Anuar Rojas

Anuar R.
www.ni.com/soporte
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(1,868 Views)

Thanks, was solved already. 

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(1,855 Views)

Hye,

I have been reading this thread while looking for solutions for my problem, which is kinda same with what Firthunands had.

I want to continuously control my output (12V bulb) to measure the light intensity. I know that I need to use TIP120 to power up the bulb based on the signal sent from my DAQCard. But how's the connection.

I saw samples from the internet, but mostly use PWM as their signal to the TIP120. I understand the concept but I am using LabView v6i with PCI6024E, and I afraid that PWM is not an option for me. Am I right?

Can I directly send my 1-5V from AO of DAQCard to the base of TIP120? Collector to the 12V battery and Emitter to the ground.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(1,740 Views)

You also need a resistor in series with the base.  Connecting the base directly to the AO would not work the way you want.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(1,730 Views)