Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion in selecting analog Multifunction DAQ

Hi,

I am searching for a Multifunction DAQ card which should have analog output generation(Note:only *differential) from 0-10 volts with a minimum accuracy of 0.1mV. Please any one can help me in finding one or suggest/advise which ever parallel setup can be done?.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,507 Views)

Most Multifunction DAQ devices do not have differential AO.

Do you need accuacy or resolution? For most devices the accuracy is not as good as the resolution.

How fast do you need to update the outputs?

To get a resolution of 0.1 mV on a 10 V scale requires 1 part in 10^5, which is greater than 16 bits. The only NI devices I found with a quick search with higher resolution are the Dynamic Signal Acquisition devices. The NI 4461 (PCI or PXI) have 24 bit resolution and sample rates from 1 kS/s to 204.8 kS/s. It also has differential outputs. The accuracy is harder to evaluate because they only specify dynamic characteristics.  It has a maximum DC offset of 1 mV (within 5 degrees and 24 hours of calibration).  Look at the specifications carefully.

You should probably talk to your NI representative to get a thorough evaluation of whether this might be suitable for your needs.

Lynn

Message 2 of 2
(3,492 Views)