Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compact Daq: Why does the NI-9923 not show as an configuration option for my ni 9207 in NI MAX

Using NI Max Daq 16.0.1

Network Device  cDAQ 9184:  NI9207 (DSUB) with terminal block 9923.

MAX does not recognize the terminal block as an option for this module.

Module is shown in Max.

Have not found any similar problems posted.

Any one else having this problem and a solution?

Message 1 of 6
(5,506 Views)

The 9923 is a passive terminal block; it doesn't require configuration in order for use. You can just leave it as "None".

That said, the entries that are there (the CB-37* devices) are also passive terminal blocks, so it certainly feels inconsistent that we don't list the 9923 there as well; I've filed a CAR to the appropriate team to look at that list.

——
Brandon Streiff
ni.com/compactdaq · ni.com/daq
Message 2 of 6
(5,470 Views)

Thanks for the reply.  One reason to show the 9923 in MAX is to show the connections. Max will prompt you to find designate the terminal block. I think I have figured it out but it is a little more difficult than necessary to work out. The getting started manual for the 9207 shows the 9207 terminals and designation. The 9923 manual only shows the terminal block and numbers. I could not find it in any of the other files for either device.  It could be a later driver may have the 9923 as an option but if not I would recommend adding it unless the block is being discontinued.

Message 3 of 6
(5,459 Views)

Hi Randall - did you ever find out the designation for the 9923? I have one and don't know which terminals to wire my two wires from my current output sensor. No diagram or anything in there to answer this.

Thanks

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,700 Views)

The pin numbering for the NI 9923 is 1:1 to whatever module you're using. See "NI 9923 Terminal Assignments" in the NI 9923 User Guide. There aren't any "designations" in the NI 9923 manual because those depend on the module you attach it to and the 9923 manual tries to be very generic about it.

For example, when you combine a NI 9923 and a NI 9207, you get the following:

9207-dsub.png

It'd be nice if the MAX connection diagram feature could draw this for you, but sadly it does not.

——
Brandon Streiff
ni.com/compactdaq · ni.com/daq
Message 5 of 6
(4,676 Views)
Thank you Brandon I think that answers my question. Very helpful diagram.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,666 Views)