Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calibration Executive - Procedure Error

I am receiving the following error from Calibration Executive when trying to calibrate a PCI-6031E. The program & drivers installed without errors\problems.

Error -17313 occurred at Parameter 'instrument references[]':
Type of argument expression 'FileGlobals.instrumentReferences' is incompatible with parameter.
Expected Array of Object References, found Array of Numbers.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,953 Views)
Hello,

What version of Calibration Executive do you have installed?  When you installed the application, did you install the driver CD that came with the Calibration Executive CDs?  What versions of Traditional DAQ and DAQmx do you have installed?

At what point during the calibration procedure do you get this error, and are you able to calibrate any other devices?

Regards,

Jesse O.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
Jesse O. | National Instruments R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,935 Views)

Jesse,

Running Calibration Executive 3.1. Installed the driver CDs that were included. However, this machine already has LabVIEW 7.1.1 & 8.2 installed, so some of the drivers may be newer versions than included on the CDs.

Versions

DAQ 7.4.2f3

DAQmx 8.30f3

The errror occurs during the Setup Step of the sequence. The connection diagram had just been displayed. I select "Continue".

Have not tried other DAQ devices. Trying to calibrate the PCI-6031E to be able to calibrate SCXI modules.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,925 Views)
Hello,

The error you are received looks like you might have TestStand 3.5 installed on your machine.  If you do, can you try using the TestStand version selector application to switch to TestStand 3.1?  You do can do this by selecting Start >> Programs >> National Instruments >> TestStand 3.5 >> TestStand Version Selector.  In the application that appears, select 3.1 for the TestStand version and press the Make Active button.

After doing this, hopefully you are able to calibrate you device without any errors.  If you do not have another version of TestStand installed please let me know and we can look into this further.

Regards,

Jesse O.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
Jesse O. | National Instruments R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,906 Views)
That was the problem. I made TestStand 3.1 active and the calibration runs without an error.

Thanks,
Wayne
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,902 Views)