Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog Input Problems PCIE6343

Hello,

I am new to NI hardware and am having problems with my PCIE 6343. I have the card hooked up to 2x TBX-68 breakouts. 

In the NI Max Test panels, all analog inputs read -10.8volts

In my test setup I have the wiper of a potentiometer connected to AI0+ (pin68). The other   two potentiometer connections are at +5v(pin14) and AI Gnd(pin32). AI0-(pin34) is connected to AI GND as well. With a multi meter, I can measure varying voltage potentials on the screw terminal of AI0+. But the test panels, and the Voltage Task read -10.8volts with no deviation from that number.

I have also tried a K type thermocouple, wired as per the connection diagram, on more than one port and the test panels consistently read -2.*** volts

My card resets normally, and passes the self test. Also I have verified the functionality of the 4 analog outputs (two on each TBX-68) which allowed me to rule out my cables or breakouts as the source of the problem and let me verify my understanding of the TBX-68s.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,349 Views)

A wiring diagram and screenshots of the signals you are receiving would be helpful for troubleshooting

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,313 Views)

Here is a bit of info and a few screenshots that illustrate my setup / issue

Windows 10 64 bit , intel i7-8700k, asus prog strix z370E motherboard

I am unable to self calibrate this card. It is asking that I externally calibrate it. Is poor calibration something that could create the kind of results I am getting. All analog inputs measure -10.8volts.

Is there any kind of test that would verify that my analog inputs are functional?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,305 Views)