Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amplitude Modulation source in .NET for USB-6343

Hi,

I see that it is possible to specify amplitude modulation on one of the output channels like this:

daq.AOChannels[0].FunctionGenerationModulationType = AOFunctionGenerationModulationType.AM;

However, I cannot figure out how to specify the modulation signal source.  Can someone help me?  Even better would be a way to digitally gate the output of a function generator signal.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,740 Views)

Drury,

Could you give me some more information about your application? How and why are you modulating your output signal? Are you programming this .NET code in Visual Studio or Measurement Studio?

Where did you find this “daq.AOChannels[0].FunctionGenerationModulationType = AOFunctionGenerationModulationType.AM;” function? Was it from an example or did you find it online?

You mentioned that it would be better to digitally gate the output. How do you want to apply a digital gate to your output signal?

If you could give me some extra information, I would love to help you out with this issue!

Thanks,

Hannah L. 

Applications Engineering 

National Instruments 

www.ni.com/support 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,709 Views)

The function generator properties are available in the .NET interface, but after attempting to use them I realized they weren't supported in the actual device.  I have found a way to do what needs doing by using a counter to trigger waveform generation for a finite number of samples. 

BTW, it has taken me a week of searching your site to find the X Series User manual, which is one of the more helpful pieces of documentation to figure out how to use the thing.  When I search support for USB-6343, the X Series user manual is at the bottom of the third page of results. I still haven't found the actual product support page for the USB-6343, since it is not listed as a "popular device".

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,706 Views)

Drury,

Thank you for the feedback. I have linked the product page below for your future reference. You can navigate to the product manuals by going to the Resources tab of the product page and clicking on manuals.

NI USB-6343 Product Page: Link

Also, just so you are aware, most of our pages have keywords that are searchable by common search engines as well, so if you have a search tool that you prefer you can also navigate to our product pages and manuals using that tool.

Regards,

Hannah L.

Applications Engineering 

National Instruments 

www.ni.com/support 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,698 Views)