From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advantech USB-4704 data acquisition

Hello
I have an advantech USB-4704 data acquisition card. I've installed the requirements existed in its CD and the LabVIEW driver is also installed and it has been added to the list of modules in block diagram window, but I can't acquire data. When I add an "ADV AI Acquire Waveform.vi" block it needs to determine a device number and I don't know what to write for that. By using an arbitrary number (e.g. 0) and running, the error "The specified device does not exist or the device has not been configured using the Advantech Device Manager or AI Config VI." is shown. In the Advantech Device Manager window the Advantech USB-4704 doesn't have a cross mark on it but the add button is inactive and it can't be added to the installed devices.
I'll be thankful if you could help me.
Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,371 Views)

Hi Esfahan,

When you say that you've installed the LabVIEW driver, which driver are you referring to?

I would be sure you have the most recent version of the advantech driver installed: http://support.advantech.com/support/DownloadSRDetail_New.aspx?Doc_Source=Download&SR_ID=1-IM07EN

I would also check to be sure that in windows device manager, the USB-4704 shows up, and is referencing the correct driver. 

Since the error that you're seeing in LabVIEW is a user defined error(Advantech defined the error), I would recommend contacting advantech, as they would have a better understanding of what could be happening.

Andrew B.
Application Engineer
National Instruments.
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,311 Views)
if you install advantech labview toolkit correctly there is one assistant vi that could recognize your daq and related device name also there is a vi in this toolkit that could search and report advantech device that attach to your system you can find your daq name there and use it for channel name
also make sure that your system driver for your advantech is installed
by checking device manger
Message 3 of 5
(5,300 Views)

Hello.

Can I use the USB- 7404 card for The Biomedical Workbench ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,530 Views)

off course it could but best on your project may be it is not good solution 
all depend on your project

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,528 Views)