Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A problem about RTDs

Hi, i custom a RTDs(Chrom/gold). I want to use NI 9217 to get the temperature. But i found the NI9217 was designed for 100ohm PT RTDs. Because now i have CDAQ-9174 chasis, i want to use C series input module, if not i have to buy other DAQ.  I don't know how to handle it. Thanks

Bo 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,967 Views)

Do you have a RTD (measure Ohms) or a TC (measure µV) ? (Just curious of your glod/chrom)

The 9217 can measure resistors in a range from 0-400 Ohm. 

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,953 Views)

Hi, Henrik, i deposited Chrome(20nm)/Gold(100nm) layers on a glass slide,and then fabricated to line pattern. I tested the resistance-temperature curve, it's good linear. So i want use this as a RTDs. I could fabricate the different line, so 0-400ohm range is not a problem. My point is the temperature coefficient of this custom RTDs is different from PT 100, could i set the value of coefficient and constant A,B,C in the labview program? Thanks

Bo 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,948 Views)

If you create an Analog Input task for RTDs, then as the type of RTD, you can select Custom.  This will allow you to specify values for A, B, and C. 

-Christina

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,926 Views)
Thanks, Christina, It's helpful.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,907 Views)