Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6024E single ended configuration

I am using NI DAQ 6024E card in differential configuration mode. I am facing problems in reading analog inputs. All the analog inputs are reading fix 0.8V and in single ended mode the card is reading -10V continuously. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,688 Views)

I would recommend you to open the following document and look at Table 1. Analog Input Connections. Determine whether you are reading from a grounded signal source or a floating one and connect your signals as shown in the diagram. Next, open up MAX and go to Test panels for that particular device and test the signal there before using it in your application.

Field Wiring and Noise Considerations for Analog Signals

Let us know if that works and be sure to let us know the configurations of the signal source and your hardware setup in your next post 

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,686 Views)
Adnan first of all thanks for your reply. I am taking all the precautions in card connection, but the problem is still there. I didn't connect my card to my application I am testing it on test panel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,672 Views)

I am testing it in differential mode.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,671 Views)

bilal khan wrote:

I am testing it in differential mode.

OK. What signal did you connect to the Anolog input channel and to how many channels did you connect the signal? Are you measuring using MAX (Measurement and Automation Explorer)?

------

"A VI inside a Class is worth hundreds in the bush"
യവന്‍ പുലിയാണു കേട്ടാ!!!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,667 Views)
I am testing it with onboard supply of 5V and Gnd. I am using MAX. Test panel shows only 0.8V on analog inputs it is not sensing anything.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,651 Views)
Can you post the connection details? Which pins in the terminal bloack are you connecting together?
------

യവന്‍ പുലിയാണു കേട്ടാ!!!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,649 Views)
I have connected pins 68,67 ,34 and 68,67,14. I have tested it one by one but in both cases Test panel is showing only 0.8V.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,624 Views)

bilal khan wrote:
I have connected pins 68,67 ,34 and 68,67,14. I have tested it one by one but in both cases Test panel is showing only 0.8V.

For single ended configuration you have to do the following connection

1. Pin 68 -> Pin 14 (Connect AI0 to 5V)

2. Pin  67 -> Pin 13 (Connect AIGND to DGND)

Please try this and let me know

------

യവന്‍ പുലിയാണു കേട്ടാ!!!
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,611 Views)