Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 serial channels per cRIO

I am designing a year long study, and I want to use the cRIO to collect data once per hour for about a year, the only issue I have is that there are 30 sensors I need to input to the cRIO. These sensors have 3 ports, +5v, GND, and serial at a specified baud rate. I need to read each of these sensors individually and the serial port modules don't quite do that.

The other option is to relay through each of them one at a time physically and get the serial readings that way, but I would prefer to just use modules.

Thank you very much in advance

-Adam

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,439 Views)

Well, the 9870 has 4 ports in a single module.  With an 8 slot chassis, that will give you 32 ports.  Do you have other modules to put in your chassis?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,431 Views)
Ni those are the only modules I need, but the issue I found when I looked at these was that they use DB9 connectors. I just need to read a serial string. Can I just connect to the rx on the DB9 connector?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,414 Views)

@Taco.Dust wrote:
I just need to read a serial string. Can I just connect to the rx on the DB9 connector?

RX and GND.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,410 Views)