Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1208FS board not recognized at startup

I have a service that starts when the PC starts. The service connect to and configures a USB 1208FS board (measurment computing). Frequently the service is unable to configure the card. This is the statement that fails:

cbDConfigPort( boardNum, FIRSTPORTA, DIGITALOUT );

It returns an error code of 1. "Bad board num". However, the board num is correct because this statement to get the board name does succeed:

cbGetBoardName( boardNum, boardName );

IF I wait a few minutes after startup, then try to manuallt start the service, it always connects to the board. I'm thinking that perhaps the some other window stuff must init before my service can work with the 1208 board. Can anyone provide any clues or sugestions about what may be causing this problem at startup?

BTW, on some PCs the service successfully connects to the 1208 board at startup. All Win XP

Thanks,

Mitch

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,661 Views)

Hi Mitch7,

Has the service been added to startup automatically in services.msc? If so, I would have to agree with you, that Windows likely has this service placed in a certain spot in the startup order. This would explain why the time to access varies on different machines. However, to be sure of what's going on you may want to get in touch with Measurement Computing about the issue.

Best regards,

Matt J - NI Tools Network
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,647 Views)