From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

control a centrifugal pump flow rate through VFD

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to control centrifugal pump flow speed that is used in a system for cooling( same like HVAC).  I have the labview example in labview examples (Attached). In this example rotor frequency is controlled and accordingly motor speed is controlled, this ac motor can be connected to pump and its flow speed can be controlled.

I have one question about how to do amendment in this labview example to use in my below control technique

"" how can i relate my feedback  temperature to rotor frequency as i need to control temperature and for that alternatively rotor frequency i mean for that should i need another PID controller or just case structures will be used like if temperature difference is 10 degree than rotor frequency will be 1 and when 5 degree than 0.5 and so on OR should i use PID Controller.

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,660 Views)

Where did you find the example code you attached from? My guess is you will need to implement PID control if you have temperature feedback and are controlling your motor output based on that. 

What hardware are you using? What kind of centrifugal pump is this?

CH
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/en-us/support.html
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,599 Views)

thanks for kind reply Sir. I am just doing simulation and not using any hardware. i want to control centrifugal pump flow rate or alternatively you can say i just one to control induction motor speed. its three phase 1 to 2 hp pump. i want to control temperature by controlling induction motor speed, so how i can do it Sir,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,593 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shami_jadoon

Personally, I'm not sure. This isn't really so much of a motor and drives question as it is a question about how to program in LabVIEW using the Control Design and Simulation Add-On. I'd suggest posting in the LabVIEW discussion boards and including what you've tried so far there. 

CH
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/en-us/support.html
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,582 Views)