Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting encoder DH053 to USB 6221 DAQ

Please I want to connect encoder DHo53-060e3n01 to USB-6221 DAQ to count pulses up and down and I don't know the right connections

please help

thanks,

ahmd

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,714 Views)

Hi ahmd-

Here is a document that explains how to connect your encoder to your 6221.  I assume your encoder has an 'A' and a 'B' signal.  Channel A and B will be connected to pin 37 and 45 (PFI8 and PFI10) if you are using counter 0 (CTR 0).

I hope this helps.  Best of luck with your application!

Gary P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,693 Views)

Thanks a lot eng.Gary

thanks for your time and your interest

ahmd

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,689 Views)

Hello, I realize this is a 3 year old message but was wondering if I could get that document. The link is no longer good. Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,059 Views)

Hi bowoods,

I'm not exactly sure which document you needed, but below I've listed a few resources that might be able to help you connect an encoder to a multifunction DAQ.

The first link below describes in general how you would connect an encoder to a counter

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B3945A72AE53D1B086256EF7007C4D0D?OpenDocument

The second link is a forum post that talks about connecting a specific quadrature encoder to an M Series DAQ card. In it there are several links to articles on connecting encoders in LabVIEW

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/What-do-I-need-to-connect-a-quadrature-encoder-to-a-M-seri...

Gabriel M.
Product Marketing Engineer - Academic Courseware
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,047 Views)

Thanks so much! These will do nicely!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,045 Views)

Please i cant get  the attachment

how to connect DH053-060E3N01 ENCODER