Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trio Motion Controller

Anyone have any experience with controlling a Trio Motion Controller using the trioPC activeX server?  I am unreliably able to communicate with but even then sometimes some functions do not work. 

Any info would be appreciated.
Quintin
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,722 Views)
Hi Quintin -

I'm sorry you haven't heard from anyone yet.  I just want to let you know that I checked around and nobody at NI has worked with this drive before.  Hopefully one of the forum members has experience with it.

If you have questions about using the ActiveX functions provided by LabVIEW, or about any NI software/hardware, please let me know!
David Staab, CLA
Staff Systems Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,713 Views)

Thanks for the reply David,

I'm making progress with my motion project, found a command I needed that powers on the drives when I start my application.  I still have some inconsistencies though.

Quintin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,706 Views)

Hi Quintin-

I have used the PCI 208 before, but not with Labview.  Yes, there are some non-conventional things that you need to do to get things to run right.  Trio tech support is good if you get the right person.  They want you to go through your distributor first.  I believe that we have the same distributor, and they can really offer no tech support.  I have a Trio contact if you need to call someone direct.

Brian

Message 4 of 9
(5,702 Views)
Hey Brian,

I smoothed out most of the bumps that I had, but I'll take the name and number of the Trio contact you have for future reference.  You could email me it at qrs@dsautomation.com if you did not want to post it publicly.  I appreciate the help.

Hope you new position is going well and thanks again,
Quintin
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,693 Views)

Greetings anyone and everyone,

I also have a Trio MC, and I am able to establish communications with the controller, but have had no luck in getting the drive to move with the active x labview vi.  The thing works great with the vendors sw.  Which command to send to it?  The syntax, or other commands.

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,865 Views)

Hi sir,

I have Trio mc403 p825 motion coordinator and I able to communicate through labview but here we have a requirement to do arbitrary movement in a single axis with a particular distance, I have time vs position data, the time interval is 2ms in this the speed varies according to the difference of position for each unit interval of time.

I need some possible solutions as soon as possible.

Thank you 

Regards

Dinesh

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,292 Views)

Hi Brian,

Here I am using Trio mc403 p825 and I can interface and communicate with labview but still i have some consequences in writing the code in a controller,

Here my logic is to generate a arbitrary motion with user defined  frequency and amplitude and cycles and I wrote the code myself but in this the speed value is not getting updated. 

I have tried in a every possible way 

Will you suggest me any possible solutions?.

Thank you,

Regards,

Dinesh

BASE (0)

FORCE_SPEED=99999999

START_MOVE SPEED=99999999

END_MOVE SPEED= 99999999

FOR j=0 TO CYCLES

FOR i=0 TO 360

rad= i*2*PI/360

x= SIN (rad)

SPEED=x*vl

MOVESP (x*pos)

NEXT i

NEXT j

CANCEL

vl,pos,cycles are respectively frequency, amplitude and no.of cycles

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,282 Views)

Dinesh-

I have only used the Trio once, and that was about 13 years ago, so I really don't know much about it.

Brian

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,278 Views)