Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thorlabs APT motor controlling through ActiveX - methods description needed

Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to control my Thorlabs' stepper motor with LabVIEW, through the APT and ActiveX interfaces. I am not looking for a programming advice, but instead in a help to find the API of the APT methods.

As I want to control my motor through LabVIEW, I open an ActiveX container and then I insert my APT interface. now I will be able to program the movements of the motor through the methods of the MG17Motor class. Unfortunately, I cannot find anywhere, neither in Thorlabs website, the complete description of the methods I could use.

I know what the basic method are supposed to do, but other methods are as well available and they could be useful maybe, if only I would have their description...

I know that Thorlabs provide the initial guide to control APT hardware with LabVIEW, but it contains only basic stuff and no description of the methods.

Does anyone has a list with the description of these methods?

Thanks a lot

Message 1 of 6
(4,916 Views)

Hi Matteo,

I'd recommend taking a look at the APTServer Help file which is included with the APT Software installation. Here you can find a full list of ActiveX methods listed by Device Type. I've attached this here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,759 Views)

hi!  i do appreciate your reply. Recently i am working on my thesis which is using thorlabs apt for controlling the motor. I've opened your apt server help, but why when i click some topic, there's nothing to be displayed. just white background. Can you help me? thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,728 Views)

I see the same thing - not sure how that's happened.

I'd suggest downloading the latest version of APT from the following link. The APT Server Help file is included within this. 

https://www.thorlabs.com/software_pages/ViewSoftwarePage.cfm?Code=Motion_Control

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,723 Views)

I've already downloaded and installed the latest apt software, but where can i find that? the package is only setup program. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,709 Views)

After you've ran the Setup.exe installation, you can find the Compiled HTML Help file here:

64-bit Software: C:\Program Files\Thorlabs\APT\APT Server

32-bit Software: C:\Program Files(x86)\Thorlabs\APT\APT Server

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,706 Views)