From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SoftMotion 2010 - Trajectory Generator interface

Hi

I'm just upgrading from 8.6.1 to 2010 SP1, and am having some problems with the changes to the SoftMotion module.

My code that used the Trajectory Generator interface no longer works.  I get an error message saying "Trajectory Generator Method: Library that defines the XNode cannot be found".  A quick search of the website suggests that this may be because I've got the 'Standard' version of the module, and need the 'Premium' version to use this interface.  Is that right?

My NI licenses just got upgraded automatically (under SSP) and there was no warning that existing functionality would be removed.  Does that mean there's a simple way round this?  It doesn't look like the standard scan mode interface will do what I need.

Thanks,

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,139 Views)

Hi Ian,

I am currently looking into this for you. Can you please post the link where you found that this fucntion was no longer included in the standard version?

Best Regards,

Chris

National Instruments - Tech Support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,117 Views)

Hi Chris,

I was just reading the SoftMotion help pages, such as here.  Thanks for looking into this.

Regards,

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,115 Views)

Hi Jon,

It would appear that there are a couple of things that you must ensure if you want to use the Trajectory VIs. You must ensure that you do not install scan engine support on the device you are using and if you are upgrading from SoftMotion 2.0 then you may need to run an upgrade utility. Please see the ReadMe file for information on this.

Best Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,094 Views)

Hi Chris,

I don't think my problem is due to either of those things.  I'm unable to create new VIs using the Trajectory Generator interface because those VIs don't seem to be installed.

From the readme file you linked to:

New Features

The following items are enhancements or additions to the LabVIEW NI SoftMotion Module relative to the NI SoftMotion Development Module for LabVIEW.

LabVIEW Palette Reorganization

The VIs previously on the NI SoftMotion palette are now included on the NI SoftMotion»Advanced»Trajectory palette.

But in my installation there isn't an Advanced palette under NI SoftMotion.  After reading the help files, I think this may be because I have the 'Standard' version of SoftMotion, not 'Premium'.  Please could you confirm whether this is the case?

I did previously have access to this functionality (when using 8.6.1), so I don't think I'd agree with the readme's description of these changes as "enhancements or additions"!

Regards,

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,092 Views)

Hi Ian,

Just noticed I called you Jon in my last post. Sorry about that! I think that it is possible that your problem is down to a license migration issue at our end.

Do you mind me asking your full name so I can contact you using your details on our system?

Best Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,090 Views)

Hi Chris,

Thanks - I've just sent you my contact details in a private message.

Regards,

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,087 Views)