Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motion controller simulation on 3D image of device

Hi,

I am programming a VI which control a 2-axis stepper motor of Newmark systems. I have managed to control the motion with VISA, communication is rs232. What I need is to simulate the motion of the device on VI. This is because I want to control the deice remotely, without actually seeng the response of the device. I thought this may be managed with the VISA read however, I couldn't manage it. This simulation might be a chart or graph, or I have 3D images of my device and it would be really great if I see the motion actually on these images.

How can I do that?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Berk.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,057 Views)

Hello,

Would you mind further describing specifically what you would like to graphically simulate from your stepper motor? For example, would you like to see position of the motor point by and point and display that data on a graph? What is the file format of the 3-D images you have of your device? From what I understand of the information provided thus far, there are currently 3D Picture Control VIs in LV that may be able to do what you are requesting. Below are links to the NI Community page that lists examples using 3D picture controls and description of the 3D picture control from the LabVIEW documentation.

3D picture control
https://decibel.ni.com/content/community/search.jspa?peopleEnabled=true&userID=&containerType=&conta...

Graphics & Sound VIs
http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361G-01/lvpict/labview_graphics_and_sound/

Regards,

Patricia B.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,045 Views)

Hi Patricia,

First of all thank you dor the quick response. For brief description, I am controlling my device with the help of VISA(rs232). Motion is in 2 direction x and y. I have images of my device in wrl format which is created in solidworks. What I want to see is, the movements of the device on these 3D images. I will send commands to device and according to command it will move then this I will see this movement on the 3D image of the device on my vi. I can support further info if you request.

Thanks in advance.

Berk. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,039 Views)