Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISM 7411e encoder signal

If any one can help with this issue I would be grateful.

I have built an application using NI stepper motor ISM 7411E. The motor is integrated motor with driver and encoder. I used Arduino Uno as a controller to send step and direction Signals through Labview . However, It looks like if the motor misses or over shoot the required point. and I need to get the feedback signal from the encoder. 

I have read all the manual and instruction from NI regarding this motor , but nothing about encoder signal. I could't see any pins to get signal A and B from the encoder. 

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,710 Views)

I am not familiar with this drive but the schematics in the manual show that the encoder is internally connected to the internal processor and its signals are not accessible from outside.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,653 Views)

I just bought ISM 7411E and it's the first time I used stepper motor & SoftMotion. It works fine with the example. Seems that the position & encoder position showing different value. Scaling would be needed.

Is there any example how to create closed loop stepper system based on encoder position using this type of stepper?

For my application, I just want to make sure the position set is accurate.

Thanks in advance.

Irfan

Certified LabVIEW Developer

Thanks & Regards,
Irfan
(CLD)
https://haliatech.com/
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,483 Views)