Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wish to know whether a program in VB can be downloaded into labview to make it into a VI

I am interested in controlling a stepper motor using labview. I have the program developed in VB and the code is working perfectly. I wish to know whether it is possible to convert the VB file into a VI file with all the control palettes and loops. If yes, please give me the method of doing it.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,765 Views)
I'm not aware of any method for directly "translating" Visual Basic code into LabVIEW. However you can make use of the ActiveX and DLL access capabilities of LabVIEW to control a VB application.

Also, I would suggest that you post your question in the LabVIEW section of Developer Exchange and not in the Motion section, in that way your question will be seen by LabVIEW users and not only Motion Control users. There will be lots and lots of more users in LabVIEW than in Motion Control that may give suggestions.

The Development Library section in the Developer Zone will provide you with code and application notes for controlling external applications or code with LabVIEW.

Good luck!

Nestor.
Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,765 Views)