Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 70217 softMotion+cRio/+Axis, a required resource is in fault state

Hi, I am working on getting an existing program to run on LabVIEW 2016 on a new computer. The program sends a command through cRIO to move a motor, aka "axis 1." When I attempt to run the program, I get the following error:

error 70217.PNG

I got some ideas from another forum post (https://forums.ni.com/t5/Motion-Control-and-Motor-Drives/Error-70217-when-trying-to-run-NI-SoftMotio...)

Here is what I've tried:

-  In the LabVIEW project, right-click on My Computer and got to Properties. Then go to the Scan Engine tab and make sure the box is checked next to Start Scan Engine on Deploy. You may also want to set the Scan Period to 10 ms if it's not already. If the value is above 5 ms, you'll get a warning message when you deploy but this is usually just fine for simulation with SolidWorks. 

-  Individually select each of the motion axes in your project and do the following: Select Properties and then click on the left-most button to configure the Axis Setup. Make sure the box is checked for Enable Drive on Transition to Active Mode.

-  Now select all of the motion items (including My Computer) in the LabVIEW Project, right-click and select Deploy. Normally, since this is your first deployment it will start the SolidWorks simulation running and so your are ready to run the LabVIEW shipping example. If not, right-click on My Computer and select Utilities>Scan Engine Mode>Switch to Active.

After trying those, I went to the interactive test panel, but still have the same error:

interactive test panel.PNG

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,087 Views)

I may have made a bit of progress, or messed it up further.

I tried the following workaround from the forum post that I linked to above:

"Add a new NI SoftMotion Axis to the project (e. g. Axis 2)

1. Delete the old axis
  2. Set "Enable Drive on Transition to Active Mode" in the Axis Setup
  3. In the vi change the Motion Resource to Axis 2
  4. Deploy Axis 2"

When I tried to run my vi again after that, I got the following error:

"Error -66207 occurred at Shared Variable in WI-MFG-01313AK Membrane Dipping - calibrated height.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  You cannot write to an input channel.

This error or warning occurred while writing the following Shared Variable:
\\DEVBENCHcRio\Mod6\DIO0
\\169.254.1.1\Mod6\DIO0"

Does anyone have any ideas of what to do next? I appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,028 Views)

It's also thrown me this message, along with error -66207 in case it helps to diagnose the problem. The error -66207 occurs every time I run the program, but this message box only pops up occasionally:

error IO scan mode.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,020 Views)

Hi aphilipps,

I can see a couple of issues here. The error -66207 is that you are probably trying to use an IO wrongly so we need more information about the hardware and software configuration. Pay special attention to slot 6 where the problem is coming from. 

The other issue might be related because is basically a wiring error. If one of the IOs doesn't work, could lead to this error.

My suggestion is check for example for the modules you are using to understand what's wrong with the original code.

Regards,

PedroR

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,997 Views)

Hello aphilipps

Did you solve the issue?

I have exactly the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,772 Views)

You should try with this post. http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53393/en/  First versions of LabVIEW SoftMotion Module 2015 & 2016 had some bugs that were corrrected with SP1 vesions. 

Hope it works!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,755 Views)