Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control DC Motor with NI PXI-7350 Motion Controller

Hello everybody,

I am quite new with NI. I have a question that needs your support. All responses are highly appriciated.

We purchased a NI computer with 2 NI PXI-7350 Motion Controller Cards. The prolem is that am I able to use this computer to control DC Motor (not DC Step or Servo)?

Thank you in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,696 Views)

It might help us to get a bit more information on your system. Do you know what drive you are going to be connecting the motor to? You may be able to get the configuration to work depending on the drive expected signals and compatibility with DC motors. 

Message 2 of 6
(2,673 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. We are using Graupner 700 BB Turbo 12v Motor 6317 connecting to the KDC248H 12-24V motor drive. You can find here: https://www.devicemart.co.kr/1232555/related/ (Sorry it is in Korean but you can see the photo). That drive includes separate pins for Analog Input for controlling speed, CW/CCW pins, Run/Stop pin for enabling motor, and Ground pin.

Hope this is clear enough for you to help me.

Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,670 Views)

Hi trongnv,

Take a look at the pinout and the signals you will get of the PXI-7350 in the link below

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371060b.pdf

I can't tell exactly if they are compatible as the manual's in Korean but it should receive the standard waveforms for controlling the motor. My suggestion is to measure the signals before connecting the motor and check if you are getting what's expected.

Regards,

PedroR

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,660 Views)

Hi Pedro,

Thanks for your help. I determine that my motor drive has: 01 pin for controlling the analog input voltage (for control speed of DC motor), 01 pin for GND, and there are 2 case with other pins:

- First, if I apply mode 1, there is 02 pins that drive the CW and CCW direction.

- Second, if I apply mode 2, those two pins are set for Run/Stop pin and Direction pin.

The problem is that I cannot define which pin of the drive connect to the corresponding pin of the NI motion axes ( for example, in this case, I use axes 1)

Hope you can help me on this.

Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,641 Views)

Hi,

I am glad it was helpful. Check on page 5-2 of the same link above for the 7350's pinout, that should show you the hardware connection. If you are referring to the code in software, that it's something that the Motion module works in the background.

Regards,

PedroR

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,633 Views)