Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LNK2019 - Unresolved External Symbol

Hello,

It seems this question has been asked before, but the posted answers haven't addressed my problem.

I'm trying to use the NI845x.lib on a Windows 8 box, Visual Studio 2015. Running an ordinary build, I get about 440 errors, including a lot that are "variable kNI845XExport is not a type name". Looking at the header, it looks like that's either meant to get #defined as a blank string, or __attribute__ in the macosx case. So I assume that the WIN64 precompiler definition isn't getting triggered, for whatever reason. So, I add the line #define WIN64.

After that, build gives me different errors; the aforementioned LNK2019 anywhere I reference anything from the header.

Here are the project properties that I've changed trying to link the project:

[Configuration Properties]->[C/C++]->[General]->[Additional Include Directories] = The full path to the folder with the header and lib ("C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI-845x\MS Visual C")

[Configuration Properties]->[Linker]->[General]->[Additional Library Directories] = The full path to the folder with the header and lib (as above)

[Configuration Properties]->[Linker]->[Input]->[Additional Dependencies] = The full path to the lib file ("C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI-845x\MS Visual C\ni845x.lib")

Which I believe satisfies all the answers I've seen heretofore on how to properly link. And yet, no go. What are some further steps I could take to run down this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,349 Views)

Problem solved, noting here for posterity; I was pointing to the wrong directories.  The proper one for my context was

"C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\ExternalCompilerSupport\C\Include"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\ExternalCompilerSupport\C\lib32\msvc"

"odbc32.lib;odbccp32.lib;ni845x.lib"

Sorry for the error.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,331 Views)