cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a continuous data stream from C++, and read it in LabView

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys,

I am doing a project exactly like the one dr8086 said, except I am doing it vice versa. Meaning that I am collecting data from an orientation tracker using LabVIEW and then I want to read these data in VS C++ to run an animation (with OSG) in real time. I am using ActiveX automation technology to communicate between LabVIEW and my C++ code. My C++ code runs the VI and it starts collecting data (Variant type), but I cannot see the data stream as the result of running this code. What I get with cout is basically three (x,y,z) static numbers that are not only static and don't change with tracker moves, but also don't show a correct static number. Can anyone (especially you two my friends that were discussing a similar problem) please help me on this. If you want, I can provide the code.

Thank you very much in advance,

Reza 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(3,050 Views)

You should post the code because otherwise it's difficult to say what the problem is. I haven't worked with ActiveX, so I could only try to help, but I'm sure others could help if you post more info.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(3,048 Views)

Thanks... The code is attached. It was a initially a code for running a Robot VI and I have changed it for my purpose. I want the code to give me a data stream that comes from LabVIEW, but it rather give me 3 static point. Alos, this is when I run the code using using VC++ 2003 and LabVIEW 8.5. When I run it in VC++ 2010 and LabVIEW 2010, I get three unhandled exceptions and 3 wrong static points. 

I appreciate your help. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(3,046 Views)