Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measurement studio installation

Item: NI-DAQmx installer Version 8.6
Part# 501343M-01 and 501343M-02

My company recently purchased a NI USB-6009 unit and I'm having problems with the NI-DAQmx installation CDs that come with it.

I believe I want to use Visual C# (or Visual C++) and measurement studio for real time AD and DA use of this USB-6009 unit.  However when I run the Version 8.6 installer I get two errors:

Measurement Studio for VS2005 not present

Measure Studio for Visual C++ 2005 Support freature requires you to install Measure Studio Support for

Visual Studio 2005 from the Measurement Studio installer.”

I went to the CD and installed EVERYTHING that releated to measurement studio and I still can’t get this to work.

If I remove the Visual Studio 2005 support, I get another error:

Measure Studio for VS2005 Integration not present

To use the NI-DAQmx .NET Support VS2005 Integration feature, you must install the Measure Studio .NET 2.0 Language Support>>Visual Studio Integration feature in the Measure Studio Installer.”

I assumes this means Measurement Studio installation is not an option from this installer.  Manually browsing the 2 CDs does not show an installer for measure studio.

Am I correct in assuming the Measurement studio is not part of this parcakge?

Thank you,

Donald Hess

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,672 Views)
Hi Donald,

If you are going to be programming in .NET (C#, VB.NET), you need to only select the option of .NET Framework 2.0 Languages Support which is for Visual Studio 2005.  This option doesn't require Measurement Studio to be installed at all.  Now based off what you posted, the problem that you are running into is that the Measurement Studio for Visual C++ 2005 Support option requires Measurement Studio (which is a totally separate product) to be installed. So if you don't have Measurement Studio, you can select that option, but you will get a message in the next dialog that says Measurement Studio isn't installed. 

Thus, make sure to de-select the Measurement Studio for Visual C++ 2005 Support item as it doesn't appear that you have Measurement Studio.

Best Regards,

Message Edited by Jonathan N on 12-03-2007 12:16 PM
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,670 Views)

Hi,

I am installing Version 8.7.1 of DAQmx.

But when I select ".NET Framework 2.0 language support" and click NEXT, I get the following error:

Measurement Studio for VS2005 Integration not present

To use the NI-DAQmx .NET Support VS2005 Integration feature, you must install the Measurement Studio .NET 2.0 Languages Support>>Visual Studio Integration feature in the Measurement Studio installer.

Please let me know what are prerequistics if any in order to install Ni-DAQmx version with .Net framework 2.0 support.

Regards,

Ajay

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,969 Views)

Answered here

NickB

National Instruments  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,959 Views)