From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

malfunctioning measurement studio controls

Hi

I have, among other controls, used an NI-scattergraph, NI-knobs and an NI-thermometer (Measurement Studio 2019 / Visual Studio 2019) in development of an instrument control software.

The software works perfectly during debugging or when i construct an MSI installer with all the appropriate NI references included, and install that on the machine that also has Measurement Studio 2019 installed.

However when I move this software to another machine the scattergraph cannot show the scatterplots and the program freeze when you attempt to plot data. The actual knobs on the knob controls are missing and the thermometer lack the indicator. That is really frustrating and I dont seem to find any information on this issue anywhere.

Is there some sort of driver nescessary to run software with NI measurement studio on a separate stand-alone computer or can anyone give me another nice advice that can bring me out of this misery.

Kind regards

MPMeldal

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(925 Views)

Hi again

OK, part of the problem was that a windows common merger module has to be added to the installer project.

The name is CWUI_OCX.msm and it is located in :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Merge Modules

It must be added as a module to the installer project.

This allowed the knobs and thermometer to be properly shown on a second computer without Visual or measurement studio installed.

However the scattergraph still freeze up the program when adding data to a plot in the graph,

Please, I got halfway but I still need advice to get a stand alone program that works.

Kind regards

MPMeldal

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(919 Views)

Hi Again,

So after all it was not the  scattergraph that caused the problem rather a new version of a driver from Silabs that previously worked perfectly.

So all the problems are solved, thanks for listening.

Morten

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(888 Views)