Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WindowsForms WaveGraph and Led unlicensed error

Hi there,

In our factory we had a old computer that broke down last week. In it we had a programme running with visual studio and a NI 6220 board connected to adquire some information of our process. 

I have bought a new computer and I'm trying to install the old programme in this new one. I have installed the main drivers for the board, including dlls. However, this programme doesn't run properly. When I debug it, it appears and error when I'm trying to create an object:

FranINA_0-1604659534719.png

My license file include this information:

NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms.WaveformGraph, NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms, Version=8.0.11.236, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4544464cdeaab541
NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms.NumericEdit, NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms, Version=8.0.11.236, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4544464cdeaab541
NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms.Led, NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms, Version=8.0.11.236, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4544464cdeaab541
NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms.Switch, NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms, Version=8.0.11.236, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4544464cdeaab541

Do you have any idea of what could be happening? I would like to run it asap, because this process cannot be done manually and we need to restore this programme...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(1,880 Views)

Hi,

Did I understand you correct, you had successfully activated product license on your new computer?

Best regards. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(1,824 Views)

Hi hovo90,

In our new computer we had installed NI-DAQmx, version 8.8. I know that this is an old one, but we had it in the older computer. From the CD1 of installation, I had installed almost everything. I didn't installed the Labview drives, just because we're running with C# and .NET, I though that it wasn't necessary. From CD2 I installed MeasurementStudioCommon 2003 and 2005.

I need to do anything else? Our NI 6220 was running without any problem until the PC broke up, so I though that wasn't necessary to create any license file.  

FranINA_1-1604906836713.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(1,821 Views)

Hi,

From the screenshot it seems that you are using Win10, even for DAQmx 9.0 system requirements are win vista/win xp. 

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(1,815 Views)

So, which is the solution? Desinstall 8.8 and install another version, maybe the last one? The program with .NET was built in VisualStudio 2008 and used this drivers...

It will still work even if we change the drivers version?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(1,811 Views)

The supported software versions for Win10 are 16.0 and newer, but you need to buy the license for newer versions.

If you don't want to to buy newer software, you need to downgrade to win vista or win XP.

Have a good day.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(1,808 Views)

That's for real... wow, I never though it was so hard to restore our program and change it to a new machine.

There isn't another option? I mean, in the past my partners paid for the license and our program has been working perfectly all this time. In the backup of our old machine there's not a license file that we can rewrite o reuse in order to avoid another installation time?

Thanks for your info hovo90!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(1,798 Views)

Sadly there is no other way. 

Have good day.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(1,794 Views)

Hi again,

Just to be clear. If I delete the licensed objects, my program will run without license problems?

- waveformgraph

- numeric edit

- led's

- switches

I mean, in this case if we delete all UI stuff and figure out another options for creating UI interactive figures my program will work?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(1,791 Views)

Hi,

Probably you will get errors.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(1,787 Views)