Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does the following exception mean? How does one overcome it?

Hi,

I have a PCI-6259 card installed on a Windows PC running XP Service Pack 2.  The machine has Visual Studio 2005 (SP1) and newly installed DAQmx drivers V8.3.1.  It also has .NET 1.1 and Visual Studio 2003 present.

I have some C# code written using Visual Studio 2005 (so its using .NET 2.0).  I have referenced the two National Instruments assemblies (DAQmx & Common).  The first line of C# code that uses the National Instruments classes attempts to construct a new task:

string heartbeatTaskName = "HeartbeatTask";
Task heartbeatTask = new Task( heartbeatTaskName );

When this line of code executes, the following exception is thrown:

DaqException - Internal Software Error occurred in MIG software.  Please contact National Instruments Support.
TaskName: HeartbeatTask
Status code: -226995

What's the problem here?  Any work-around?

A point of interest:  The same C# software running on an XP SP2 box with Visual Studio 2005 SP1 (no .NET 1.1 or Visual Studio 2003), DAQmx drivers V8.3.1 and NO hardware card at all happily runs the statement.

In general, is there a resource somewhere that describes what the various status-codes contained within a DaqException mean?

Regards
David Razzetti

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,291 Views)

A minor correction to my original post:

"A point of interest:  The same C# software running on an XP SP2 box with Visual Studio 2005 SP1 (no .NET 1.1 or Visual Studio 2003), DAQmx drivers V8.3.1 and NO hardware card at all happily runs the statement."

The box in question still has the .NET framework 1.1 on it.  It does not have Visual Studio 2003.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,278 Views)
Hi David,

I know this is a fairly basic suggestion but have you tried reinstalling DAQmx? If the code works fine on another installation I would think it points towards a problem with DAQmx on that particular machine.

Regards

Jon B
Applications Engineer
NI UK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,256 Views)
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I did indeed have to uninstall and then re-install everything in order to stop this exception from being thrown.  Uninstalling the NI drivers and re-installing them had no effect on this particular machine.  The only thing that worked was taking both the NI drivers and Visual Studio 2005 off and then re-installing them both.  Ah well, only a day wasted...

Regards
David Razzetti
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,247 Views)