Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VUISA error code on all previously built versions after installing measurement studio 2015

I installed VS2013 and MS2015 onto a system that already hosted VS2010/MS 2010. All previously built applications now fail to start, they generate a VISA error -1073807330 (0xBFFF001E) when they try to access a serial port. ErrorNonsupportedAttributeState. When I try to run the binary of a new application that's been rebuilt with VS2013/MS2015, it crashes with the same error. If I run the new app out of the VS2013/MS2015 IDE, it works all OK. It did want to update some NI references to NationalInstruments.VisaNS from 9.0.40.156 to 15.0.40.49154, when I rebuilt it, which I declined. It seems to me that the MS 2015 install has gone ahead and updated VisaNS, and now it's caused all of the previously built apps to fail. Surely this isn't how NI means for this to work - we have many configured apps in a production environment installed on this system and now they're all broken. I'll play heck winding this back. I read that NI retains previous versions so that references to previous versions don't fail but this seems to not be the case. This is not good, and a powerful argument for not using NI MS. We cannot afford to rebuild, revalidate, and re-release all of our apps that use NI MS every time we try to install an app built with newer tools. Any ideas on a way out of this? Looks to me like I'll have to hunt down a VisaNS 9.0.40.156 version and re-install it, and maybe unistall MS 2015 after having spent hours installing it.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,315 Views)

Hey Menchar,

I found this KnowledgeBase Article that sounds like it might help with your issue: Why Do I Receive an ArgumentException and VISA Error Code -1073807330?

Apparently after installing VS 2013 .NET 4.5 is also installed which your VS 2010 projects then reference which is why this error is being thrown. Please feel free to read through the Article for a more indepth explination but it looks like the fix may be as simple as installing this NI-VisaNS .NET f1 Patch for Visual Studio 2008/2010: http://www.ni.com/download/ni-visa-4.5.1/3859/en/

Message 2 of 2
(3,280 Views)