From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using datasocket over a LAN...

I am trying to learn Measurement Studio (I believe we have 7.1) and I am using VB.Net 2003...

I am wanting to set up a very simple send/receive (a send textbox, send button, receive lable, and receive button) program using the datasocket over a LAN. I have the same program running on both computer, with the datasocket server on the computer where I have the target/source for the data. I have already set the URL (for the main computer with the server it is dstp:\\localhost\data), and I have already used the DataSocket Server Manager to set the data item ("data") to allow multiple writers. But it is not working. If I "send" the data from one computer, the datasocket server acknowledges it, but I cannot receive the data from the other computer. I can only receive data that has been sent from the same computer... Are there any examples anywhere of how to do this? I checked on my harddrive, and the example there is no help...

Thank you!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,300 Views)
A bit confused, but I think you are saying that thecliant is not working.
dstp:\\localhost\data),
dstp:\\Computer name(ip adress)\data),

Colin

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,262 Views)
I believe this is the same post as the following link

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=180&message.id=27471

If not please let me know, but it looks to be solved.

Brandon Vasquez | Software Engineer | Integration Services | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,242 Views)

Thanks for that Brandon.

Colin

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,227 Views)