Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to command instron 4400 using gpib

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to connect to an instron 4400.  i am trying to use gpib to communicate.  i have created a new device with address 2 and secondary address 0(which is what it should be) and i dont get any feedback.  i have tried the test programs but the simplereadwrite wont work and the asynchronous read write will not do anything.  I konw that if i send command "K1", it will return the system to the loading position but when i send it, nothing will work.  any advice?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,019 Views)
I am not exacty sure what you are trying to do.  But I found a sample vi online that I was able to adapt to talk to the Instron 4411.  I use 4 for the device number and that seems to work.  This vi reads values.  But if you use the keyboard commands it works as well.  Be sure to hit the enter button after the keyboard commands; otherwise  the commands will not work (I learned this the hard way).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,955 Views)

Would this .vi work for a 6022 instron frame.  My set up is as follows

Instron 6022 frame and a controller with IEEE 488 socket in the back 

I have plugged a GPIB to usb from national instruments into the back.

I have labview (8.5) and bluehill (1.2)  as software options. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,731 Views)
Hey Irish Instron 6022,
I have looked into the VI that you are interested in using and as long as you setup the correct address line for your specific device within the VI you should not have any trouble. The important things to make sure of when using this VI, are that you are properly addressing your instrument, that the termination characters set by the mode are the same, and that you are sending the correct commands to your instrument. From there you need to make sure that you are properly taking in the signal from your GPIB instrument by reading in enough bytes from your instrument. Thanks again and have a great weekend!
Regards,

Nicholas K
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,717 Views)

The Bluehill 1 only works with the GPIB 2.1 driver . use this driver

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,251 Views)

Hello.

Does anyone have the instron 4400 series GPIB interface command manual?

I cannot connect bluehill 2 using an GPIB-USB cable and I am considering in programing a new interface.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,054 Views)

Thanks for the warning, but what I need is the manual.

Does anyone have the instron 4400 series GPIB interface command manual?

If you have it, please send it to daniel.la.valle.lab@gmail.com

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,980 Views)