Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network variable problem in 64 bit application

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, If you are not finding a 64-bit copy of ninetv.dll in the regular C:\Program Files location then you are not going to be able to get a 64-bit build to work. I don't know how it would be possible to install our development environments without getting a copy of that 64-bit DLL unless you were doing some sort of strange non-standard install. Whenever I install either Measurement Studio or CVI, I end up with both 32-bit and 64-bit copies correctly installed.

At least now we detected the glitch source.

Please note that since ninetv.dll is a shared component used by any NI software that uses Network variables (ie LabVIEW, CVI, Measurement Studio, probably others) any installation of those products could have affected this.

What I suggest to do is getting your system into a state that will get a 64-bit copy into the Program Files directory on disk. Since a DLL named ninetv.dll is already there reinstalling a product won't do the trick (you should just skip over it). Given this you'll probably have to uninstall any NI software that uses this shared DLL.

Note: I can't guarantee the success of uninstalling NI software first. Our uninstallers may not affect the Shared directory (as an attempt to not corrupt other software on uninstall). You'll want to check that ninetv.dll was in fact uninstalled.

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 34
(906 Views)

Hi,

I have made a standard installation in many computers. All sw components are downloaded directly from NI web site. In this computer the ninetv.dll seems to be the exact same file in the both 32 and 64 bit folders.Sorry about the language but you see the details:

nimetön.png

I have just Measurement Studio and DAXmx.. No LV or LabWindows. Please can you forward me the 64 bit ninetv.dll or where I can get it? The LabWindows runtime installation did not help before.

Have you tested the sample program what I attached into this thread before? Can yo run it in 64 in mode?

BR,

Ilkka

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 34
(901 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yltsä

Both the 32 and 64-bit versions will contain the same metadata, that screenshot doesn't really prove anything. Regardless though it looks like you somehow got a 32-bit ninetv.dll in your 64-bit Program Files directory (assuming you correctly got that dependency walker log). I've attached a 64-bit copy ninetv.dll to this post.

Regarding the sample program, yes I have tried it and it ran just fine in 64-bit mode on my machine. This was one of my initial troubleshooting steps. I even tried using a fresh install of Measurement Studio on a test machine and building a new project from scratch in an attempt to reproduce this behavior. In no case have I been able to reproduce the error behavior that you encounter.

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 34
(889 Views)

Hi,

Yes, thank you very much. It Works now! 🙂

Have a nice day,
Ilkka

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 34
(884 Views)