Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-MAX self-test won't run

I have a 64-bit Windows 10 PC with Measurement Studio 2015 and MS Visual Studio 2010 (both Professional edition), and NI device drivers from May 2017.  This PC is in a classified lab and had some security protocols set up on it by our Security department to "harden" it.

The PC has an NI PXI-2527 and NI PCI-6110 attached.  When I run NI MAX, these devices show up in the device explorer browser, but nothing happens when I select them and click "Self-Test".  These self-tests ran successfully on an unclassified PC at my desk, which had all the same applications installed but without the extra security.  Also, NI MAX is consistently crashing when being closed down on the classified PC.

What could be causing this?  We're thinking it must be related to the extra security somehow, but the technician from our Security department doesn't know what specifically it could be.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,190 Views)

Here's a link to a page that details the ports used by NI Software:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/12402/en/

I'd double check you have all of those open. Beyond that, if you have another "hardened" PC you could try connecting to it to make sure that this isn't a computer specific problem.

Bill B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,162 Views)