From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9237 programming parameters

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm programming an application in C# and using Measurement Studio. I was trying to set up an NI 9237 strain gauge bridge module to take some readings, but there are some arguments for which I'm not certain what values to use. Here is the code:

myTask.AIChannels.CreateBridgeChannel(channelID, "", minimumRangeValue, maximumRangeValue, AIBridgeUnits.MillivoltsPerVolts, ...

Then I get lost because I don't know how to complete the remaining arguments. They are:

Bridge Configuration,

Excitation Source,

VoltageExcitationValue

NomBridgeResistance,

The bridge resistance I can get, but can anyone help with the configuration, source, and excitation value? I searched for some time to discover this information, but I have not been successful. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,312 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DeepSpace

DeepSpace,

Have you looked at the example for this yet. I believe it will answer many of your questions. The location is found here:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Examples\DotNET4.5.1\Analog In\Measure Strain\AcqStrainSamples\CS

But you can also find the information about the functions here. If you click on the link to the function you have a question about, it also provides more information about it. But, I will also explain in my words here:

1. The Bridge Configuration is going to be based off whether your sensor is a half, full, or quarter bridge sensor.
  2. Excitation is asking whether your module is going to provide voltage to the sensor (internal), or something external is providing the sensor with voltage (external), or there is no excitation.
  3. This is the excitation voltage going to the bridge device. Your sensor is likely needing some voltage applied to it, and this is asking what that voltage is.
  4. Bride resistance is the resistance of the bridge device. Your sensor and module with have certain bridge configurations that it can do.

If you have questions of what each of these settings should be, I would make sure you know the settings from your sensors manual. Then, I would recommend creating a DAQmx task, in NI MAX, to test out if you are getting expected values with the specified settings.

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,285 Views)