Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with publishing a program and running it on computers without MS

Hey, I'm fairly new at all this so please forgive/correct me if I say something wrong...

I was given a project at work where I inherited a bunch of code from 2014, as such I am working with Measurement Studio 2013 in VS 2013.

I'm having some problems with my work computer related to USB ports, so I'm trying to publish my program and get it going on a non-work computer to make sure that that is indeed the problem. However, when I publish it then try to install it on the other computer, I get an error saying:

"Unable to install or run the application. The application requires that assembly NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms Version 15.0.45.49153 be installed in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) first."

Now, installing it and running it on my work computer is fine, since I do in fact have the National Instruments stuff installed. But the hope for this is that it can be installed and ran on computers that don't have Measurement Studio already installed.

So, what does this mean and how can I fix it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,378 Views)

Unfortunately, you will need to have Measurement Studio installed on that computer if the program is using Measurement Studio controls. See the Note at the bottom of the manual linked below.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372636F-01/mstudiowebhelp/html/licensetypes/

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
Message 2 of 6
(2,334 Views)

Hey Daniel,

So even if I publish the software as its own standalone thing, the computer that will be running my software will have to have Measurement Studio installed on it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,332 Views)

If the software is using Measurement Studio controls then yes it will. If it is not using the controls, then it will not. However, the specific assembly you referenced in your original post suggests you are using Measurement Studio controls in the UI.

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
Message 4 of 6
(2,330 Views)

Ahh, okay, that makes a lot of sense now that it's been spelled out for me.

Thanks Daniel, I really appreciate it!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,328 Views)

Sure thing. Good luck with your program!

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,314 Views)