Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting nearest plot

I have multiple plots on a scattergraph.  The user wants to click on one of those plots and have the cursor be assigned to that plot.

Is there a way to do this?  I can't find anything that will work.

VS2005
NI 7.1
C#

thanks,
Scott
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,624 Views)

The graphs have a GetPlotAt method that will return a reference to the plot if there is a plot point at the specified coordinates. You could use this method in a mouse event handler, check to see if there is a plot at the specified coordinates, and if so, associate the plot with the cursor. For example:

private void OnPlotAreaMouseDown(object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
{
    XYPlot plot = graph.GetPlotAt(e.X, e.Y);
    if (plot != null)
        xyCursor1.Plot = plot;
}

- Elton

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,618 Views)

Thanks Elton.   That will work fine.  I was hoping there was a "get nearest plot" type of thing.  But we will just have to make the user click on the plot.

Thanks again,

Scott

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,610 Views)

Another thing you could consider doing is adding a legend for the plots and then let users associate the cursor with the plots via the legend items, via clicking on the legend item for the plot, a context menu on the legend, etc.

- Elton

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,604 Views)

Yes.  That was in fact one of the ways I had suggested.  They want the "click on plot" method also, however, because that is what their previous Motif program gave them.  I will also give them the up down arrow keys to cycle through plots.

Scott

Message 5 of 5
(3,600 Views)