Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example Text not Visible

You are correct about being able to see the text in the designer.  Changing the font makes no difference.  I've tried Tahoma, a non-TTF, and other True Type Fonts.  It makes no difference.  In addition, if an error message pops up, it is also blank.  This does not happen with code that I write, so I'm pretty sure its not my machine.  Could an error during the Measurement Studio installation cause this problem?  I did encounter an error while installing Measurement Studio where my machine locked up when prompted for another installation disk.  My disks do that on more machines than just this one, so I'm pretty sure its not machine related.  I just am a little baffled right now.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(2,056 Views)

I'm stumped as well. It doesnt make sense that the form text would show up in the designer and then disappear at runtime. Unless there was some code that was changing the color of your form.

One thing would be to make sure that your text fore color settings are not set to be the same as the form color. What might be happening is that the forecolor setting of the Form might be set to the same color as the form (Control), and this is turn would be getting picked up by the text (see ambient properties for more information). And this would in turn make the text seem to vanish. The fore color should be set to ControlText.

Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(2,034 Views)

I just found out its not just me. One of the other developers just installed MS8.  His examples do the exact thing mine do. I have no idea why this is happening.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(1,982 Views)

Hi Joe,

Does this only occur with the DAQ examples or with all Measurement Studio examples?  Also, you mentioned an error message that you got during installation and wondered if that was part of the issue.  Did your colleague also get this error message?  Are you installing the Device Drivers as part of the Measurement Studio install are are you installing these seperate?  Are there any details of your machine and your colleague's that are the same and may explain the problem?  I really want to be able to replicate this and want to have as many variables the same as possible.  Thanks and have a good one.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,962 Views)

Our machine types are exactly the same, IBM T42.  He has all of the IBM preloaded software, and I re-did my machine without it.  Both of us loaded the device drivers at the same time that we loaded Measurement Studio.  This has happened with Measurement Studio v7.1 and v8.  This occurs on all NI examples not just the DAQ ones.  It does it on some of the analysis ones that I have tried.  I just don't get it.

Joe White

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,959 Views)

Hi Joe,

One more thing to check.  Right-click on all your assemblies and click Properties, then check the Copy Local setting in the Properties window.  Is this setting true for any of assemblies?  If so, that could be the cause of the problem.  The copy local setting must be false for each of those assemblies.  If it is set to true, the Windows Forms designer will load the assemblies multiple times (once from the local copy and once from the GAC), hence causing type conflicts that will result in the errors that you are seeing.  Note that this is a general issue with the Windows Forms designer and has nothing to do with Measurement Studio assemblies.  Check these out and let me know if any are set incorrectly.  I'll continue to try to replicate on this end.  Thanks and have a good one.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,949 Views)

This setting is set to False for all assemblies

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,946 Views)
Here is another oddity. If I cut some of the code from an example that was provided with Measurement Studio, the text in my text boxes, etc. vanishes, just like if I run an example. Does anyone have a clue on this one?

Joe White
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,884 Views)
Joe,

Just to clarify.  You created a project from scratch with text boxes and no issue.  Then, you added non-TextBox code from a Measurement Studio example to add additional functionality and your text boxes start showing the incorrect behavior?  What example did you borrow code from?  What kind of code was it (Windows Form Designer Code, Callback function, standard function, non-OI altogether)?  Let me know and we can continue to try to replicate this.  Thanks and have a good one.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,866 Views)