From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Custom Property

Hi all,

I need to remove/delete a custom property from an already existing TDMS file but seems it's not allowed, i've not found any methods to do it.

Someone here know how to fix this issue?

Thanks a lot in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,477 Views)

Hello Gianni68,

Unfortunately Measurement Studio does not provide a way to delete TDMS property.

Are you using only measurement Studio? I think there could be a way to eliminate those property through LabVIEW or Diadem.

Message 2 of 4
(2,421 Views)

Hi Lamber_86, you're right there's no way. 

I've find out that i can do it using Diadem but i must load whole tdms file to DataPortal and it's not so efficient for big files.

It's crazy that Diadem offer that functionality and TDMS MeasurementStudio library not..

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,418 Views)

I'm not sure if it's the same in Measurement Studio, but in LabVIEW, the TDMS Set Properties VI overwrites all of the custom properties when you call it.  So, if you had two custom properties, "A" and "B", in a file, call TDMS Get Properties, delete property "B" and its value from the returned arrays, and then call TDMS Set Properties with the modified arrays, containing property "A" and its value, as input arguments.  You've effectively performed a delete on just property "B".

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,726 Views)