From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bessel Filter code for equiv: LabView "init/cont" for filter pre conditions.

Meas.Studio 10: looking for equiv code that's emulates the "init/cont" (T/F) setting in LabView for setting initial conditions or past filter condition for a Bessel Filter application.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,689 Views)

It looks like you'd utilize the Reset method when we'd want to clear the filter history instead of continuing from the previous data. 

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372636F-01/mstudiowebhelp/html/9b7f1e47/

R Dahlman

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,655 Views)

Ch0MinusCh1HPFStorageBuffer = newHPFilter1.FilterData(Ch0MinusCh1_StorageBuffer)

this is the only code I am using. No reset method, want just Continuous, is this default? If so It not reflected in my output. Again this is a continuous a/d conversion with 1K buffers every 5ms for real-time application. Each buffer update has discontinuity at the boundary conditions.

" just want continuous all the time."  There are 12 methods in table, Reset is 1 of them but I don't have any idea what methods if any need to be called.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,647 Views)

From the help page, it seems like the default behavior should be continuous, and if we want to clear out the old data, we'd use the Reset function. 

Is this not the behavior you are seeing in your code? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,630 Views)

That's correct, I am NOT using the reset function and want the default but my output is if the Reset function is/was called.

Borgman.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,596 Views)

Would you be able to post a file with your code so that we can test and take a look into it?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,585 Views)