From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vision assistant structuring element

HELLO,

I am a new bee to labview.My objective is to "ERODE OBJECTS" through  "BASIC MORPHOLOGY"  in vision assistant  using a 2 x 28 structuring element filter.But vision assistant only provides 3 x 3 , 5 x 5 and 7x 7 order structured elements erode object filter. Is there any way out??

Thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,738 Views)

1.  When doing erosion, you need to use odd dimensions.  This gives you a center pixel.

2.  Anything bigger than 7x7 will have to be done using LabVIEW.  Make sure you make your image borders larger, also.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
Message 2 of 4
(2,733 Views)

i got it...thank you Mr.Bruce Ammons for your reply..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,722 Views)

The latest version of Vision Assistant 2011 SP1 lets you specify much bigger kernels, but unfortunately, they still have to be the same size in X and Y. Thanks for the feedback. We might consider letting the user specify different sizes in X and Y in a future version.

As Bruce mentioned, you will have to generated the code and do it in LabVIEW.

Alternatively, you can just create that VI from LabVIEW using the kernel you want, call it using the Run LabVIEW step, and still do the rest of your prototyping in Vision Assistant.

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,715 Views)