From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

verify license

I have found that if I try to run a vision-based LV program wihtout a valid license, the program jsut starts throwing errors on all vision funciotns, so I am looking for a way to exit the program gracefully. I thought I could use any vision funciton and act on an error output, but it seems that this doesn't work. For example, if I use IMAQmx Create, I don't get an error, even if the license is expired or not activated. But functions like Camera grab will hang the program, as they seem to have to timeout. 

Not sure I'm barking up the right tree here, but any help would be appreciated.

(2,957 Views)

littlesphaeroid,

There are a subset of VIs that install with Vision Acquisition Software that do not require licensing, as you have found. The licensed portions of Vision Acquisition Software are functions included with the IMAQdx portion of the drivers. We have a KB that goes over what VIs install with VAS that are not part of IMAQdx that should give you an idea of what VIs you would need to use to check for errors.

Daniel V.

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,924 Views)
The NI-Vision software package confirms that NI-Vision is activated during runtime, this is different when compared to other National Instruments software packages (which check for activation at compile time). This seemingly small change causes the behavior that you are experiencing.

To rectify this issue you can disable the section where vision license is needed.
All IMAQdx functions needed the license.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,917 Views)