cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vbai acquire several images

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

we are working with VBAI 2012 and we want to acquire several images as fast as possible one after the other to decide which is the best for the inspection. Is there any possibility to take e.g. 5 images one after the other or do I have to call the acquire image control five times?

thanks

Oliver

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,771 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author OZI
Why not use Acquire Continuous images and use number of buffers as 5 as required?
Thanks
uday
Message 2 of 8
(5,766 Views)

Dear Uday,

that easy 😄 Great, thanks a lot

greetings

Oliver

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,763 Views)
you will still need to call the Avq step five times to get five different images. You could call your state that has the acquisition in a loop. also in that state score your image and if it has the highest score transition to a state where you update an image variable with the current image. Initialize the high score to zero before the first iteration. After your state with acquisition and scoring has run five times transition to your processing state and the first step can be a Select Image that gets the image variable with the best score.

Hope this helps
Brad
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,758 Views)

Hello Brad,

that means it does not work with continuous acquire and five buffers? I have to call the acquisition five times?

I tried this but the acquisition was "very slow". A loop will also not be "high speed" because I have to add 10-20ms for the state on each loop

The parts I want to inspect are moving in front of the camera and I want to find the picture which fits the best when the part is moving

greetings

Oliver

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,755 Views)

You can configure the acquisition for continuous with 5 buffers and if you choose "Get Every Image" mode, the images returned by the step will be 5 consecutive images acquired by the camera. So even the camera only took 10ms to acquire each image and it takes you 50ms to do any processing and call the acquire image step again, they will consecutive if you can avoid overflowing your buffer.

Check out this video that explains the different acquisition modes:

http://www.ni.com/webcast/2872/en/

The first section talks about the different acquisition modes.

Hope this helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,753 Views)

Hello Brad,

I think the Continuous - every picture comes close to what I want. On every part I need 3, 4, 5 pictures to find the best position and the rest of the cycle i can do the evaluation. I will try that out and will give feedback

thanks

Oliver

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,751 Views)

Hello Brad

I tried out the Continuous - Get every picture mode but I only get one picture back.

To avoid misunderstandings, I am using a Basler camera, could this be the reason that it is not working?

thx

Oliver

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,581 Views)