From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Camera already in use by another application" issue

hallo Community,

this is my first post here and i hope someone can help out.

at first, we have istalled the same Hardware on multiple machines.

Baseler USB Camera in IC-3173 Controller with a bit hardware around, trigger sensors ....

now to my issue:

i'm using one of this machines for development. I'm creating an Image of this development Controller and these Image i am downloading to all other machines.

after downloading the image i cannot start any inspection because of following message "camera already in use by another application" in VBAI?

Thanks in advance for you time and help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,925 Views)

If you have MAX open and using the camera, this could cause this problem. Is the camera connected directly to the IC, or is it on a network where another IC might also be using it? Do you have 1 camera connected to each IC-3173?

Hope this helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,898 Views)

Hi Brad, thanks for you answer.

yes, Camera is connected directly to the IC via USB.

MAX is closed during creation of the image.

One camera connected to each IC.

an idea how i can get out of this issue once i got it? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,895 Views)

I will need to investigate more to find out why this is happening. Something you can do to get back in a working state most likely is to clear out your IMAQdx data folder on the target. To do this, follow these instructions:

1. Connect monitor/mouse to IC-3173

2. Type Ctrl-Alt-F1 to switch IC from Embedded UI mode to Text mode so you can type commands.

3. log in (default is admin with no password).

4. cd /var/local/natinst/niimaqdx/Data

5. rm *

6. reboot

After the reboot is done, when the camera is first used, it will re-create the camera interface files used by the driver so they match the specific camera connected instead of the camera used when creating the image of the IC-3173.

Hope this helps, and let me know if this works. I will see if I can reproduce this behavior.

Thanks,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,890 Views)

This is tricky because the IC is installed in an Junction Box, very hard to access the ports. 

Possible via PuTTY maybe?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,886 Views)

That will work too. I wasn't sure if you had PuTTY. Make sure you enable SSH from MAX and reboot before you try connecting with PuTTY. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,884 Views)