From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

obtain reference background image

Hello,

I've tried obtain reference background image like picture below (fig.6)reference background.JPG

My result in labview (yes, fig.4 and fig.5 obtain with different operators):background labview.JPG

code: 

code.jpg

need advise.

Best regards

N

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,556 Views)

Hi Nadex,

It looks like you've got some code already going, but I'm a bit unclear on what you're stuck on. What, specifically, are you looking for assistance with?

Kathryn K.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
http://ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,521 Views)

Thank you for reply. I found a solution:

vvv.JPG

Now i'm looking for method to obtain revised estimation image like on picture below:

1.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,516 Views)

Hi Nadex,

I've looked through the documentation for VDM, and it doesn't look like we have any image processing functions that work directly with Eigenspaces. I also wasn't able to find much documentation online about the specific process you're trying to accomplish.

The example image you're working from looks like it may have come from a textbook or other external source, though. Would it be possible for you to look through the related sections of the textbook or check back with the original source to determine how to implement the Eigenspace? Once you have a general idea of how you would like to implement it, posting to this forum could help you determine how to accomplish that implementation with the tools in LabVIEW.

If you already know how to implement the Eigenspace method, could you give more details, so that we can help you find the best fit in LabVIEW?

Kathryn K.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
http://ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,509 Views)

Hi KathrynTheGreat,

Unfortunately i didn't find a way how to implement Eigenspace in LabVIEW. But maybe i can use sequence N of frames from the input instead static image (fig.1 of 1 picture) then obtain median image of the sequence of images (using IMAQ compute median image). Result median image = generation background (like after EigenSpace method). 

This is my first idea.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,503 Views)