From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imaq USB property page

hello,

I just wanted to know how I can give input to this vi automatically.

I mean I don't want user insert inputs manually. I have one set of input for this vi that must be loaded each time the program runs. and the problem is that this vi opens the cam interface and I must insert inputs manually each time the program runs.

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,158 Views)

Hi lightgoal,

Normally this could be done using property node but unfortunately, there aren't any property nodes for the IMAQ for USB VI's.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,145 Views)

Hi O54E, thank you

Isn't there a way I could use to make one. or any other way to solve this problem.

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,138 Views)

or maybe isn't there a way to change the camera default settings, this way I don't need to change them during program and they work with default settings, but default settings are now my choice. 

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,137 Views)
Most USB cameras come with their own driver and software to configure them. Perhaps you can use that to change the default settings for your camera.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,125 Views)

hello,

thank you for taking part.

the camera driver can change these settings with its graphical interface, but its default setting are still what it's been first. and ni only acquires images by default setting in automatic snap mode. now the solution may work only if we change the camera driver codes which i don't know how i've got to do this.

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,042 Views)

HI, good question to challenge IMAQ USB toolkit, I think NI is a right time to handle this case .

if your setting step is not very complicated, I tell you a solution what is send key function ,it simulate some one operate keyboard or mouse. I did before. it works.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,025 Views)