Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.icd file needed for PCO 1200s from Cooke

Greetings all,

I recently received a PCO 1200s from Cooke, and I'm having trouble getting it working.  I am running it off a NI PCIe 1427 framegrabber.  I installed the NI vision software, then the card.  When I try to install camware (Cooke camera software),  and install the NI dlls I get the following error "Could not setup National Instruments dll! Please install National Instruments driver first.  Ignore this error?"  If I tell it to ignore the error it installs camware, but I cannot interact with the camera.  My understanding is that I need a .icd file for the PCIe 1427 to read the PCO 1200s.  However, when I run NI's Measurement & Automation program, there aren't any camera files listed for PCO or Cooke.  I found a PCO 1600 camera file on NI's website, and a program to generate .icd files.  However, I have not been able get any images from the PCO 1200s in either Camware or NI's software. Does anyone have other PCO icd files?  Any advice on building icd files or where I might find someone to generate a PCO 1200s.icd for me?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,184 Views)

Hi tmitche9,

Is this error being generated by LabVIEW or National Instruments software or by the 3rd party software?  It sounds like the error is being generated by the 3rd party software, since I have no record of such an error in our system.  You can confirm that the Vision Acquisition Software is installed by opening MAX and checking under software to see if "NI-IMAQ" is installed.

Stephen Meserve
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,160 Views)